May 25th, 2008 | Bailey
A Girl’s Guide to: Wearing Leggings
Memorial day weekend has come and gone, which means that summer trends are out in full force. So break out those tiny bikinis and plastic totes and get ready for a beautiful day at the beach. More summer trends include, for another year, leggings. A simple trend, which worn the wrong way can go from super cute to massive train wreck. Follow this simple guide to wearing leggings in order to take full advantage of the trend that looks great on everyone!
- Leggings are not pants! Avoid over exposure and wear leggings with anything that will cover your butt- mini skirts, tunics, long shirts- the list is endless, go wild!
- Leggings are not shorts or cropped pants! Wearing leggings that cut you off mid-calf are most unflattering. They make you appear short and stumpy- we don’t want that! Wear leggings that are long enough to elongate your legs and short enough to show off your shoes- ankle length is perfect!
- Leggings are best when brand new! Avoid wearing over-worn and worn out leggings. It doesn’t take long for your $10 opaque leggings to go super sheer, especially when you wear them as often as me, so stalk up and get rid of old ones.
- Try something bold! Most often, leggings are best when they’re black or other dark neutral colours like grey and brown. Paired up with a colourful and bold top, your outfit will really pop. If you’ve got thin legs, go for white or other soft colours. If your legs are a little bigger, keep with dark that don’t add weight.
- Leave your heels at home! Leggings look great with flats- your feet will thank you later- so embrace the trend and grab a few different styles in a few different colours.
Popularity: 2% [?]
Topics: Accessories, Street Chic
Tags: flats, leggings, skirts, summer 2008, Trend watch, tunic